Who we are
The Organ Donation Foundation was established in 1997 on the basis of a great need for organs to transplant, in Norway.
Our purpose is to help improve access to organs for transplants. We do this by informing the public about what organ donation is and by communicating how important it is that everyone takes a stand on organ donation while they are alive.
We are the driving force of organ donation recognition in the healthcare sector and government department to ensure that the necessary resources are made available to be able to save lives by organ donation.
Read our Annual report for 2015 (norwegian text)
Behind the Foundation is
- National heart and lung association (LHL) represented by the interest organization Society for cardiovascular pulmonary transplantation (FHLT)
- National association of kidney patients and transplants (LNT)
- Norwegian association for children with congenital heart disease (FFHB)
- Norwegian association for cystic fibrosis (NFCF)
- Grown ups with congenital heart disease (VMH)
The information office
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 16.00 (9 am – 4 pm)
Phone: +47 21 04 34 00
Postal address: Frognerstranda 4, 0250 Oslo, Norway
Visiting address: Frognerstranda 4 (entrance from sea side entrance near petrol station)
Account number: 1503.43.20974
Organization number: 877 536 742